Whilst we're on the Spring classics..

... I'm going to just have a quick reminder of one of my favourites.  Good old trainers. 

A pair of white trainers are the most versatile footwear I own.  Yes I wear mine all year round - I'm the bold bugger who braves winter temperatures with my ankles on show - but now that the sunshine has come out and Spring has well and truly arrived, the white trainer can have its proper moment. 

I wear these with everything.  Literally everything.  Including yesterday for the races at Ascot.  Full on occasion dress, made that little less Royal Ascot and more Family Day at the races with the addition of my wonderful sneakers. 

I can continue to wax lyrical about them but as it's the holidays and I have children to entertain (which is code for "I have more Line of Duty to catch up on" - OMG HOW have I not seen this before?!  I stayed up till 1am last night and got up at 7am this morning to watch it.  Seriously - it's the most addictive thing I have seen on tv for years.  I've done series 1 and 2 and thanks to Instagram I have found series 3 on BBC iPlayer.  I left the husband after the second episode of series 1 as he kept falling asleep.  Oops.  Will he just be able to catch up on series 3?  I'm going to tell him he can....) 

So what are my favourites? 

I can't not start with the pair that I have worn most often since I got them at the beginning of last Summer - the Air & Grace Copelands.  Now these have mostly sold out on the A&G website but they now stock them in John Lewis where, at the moment, there is a plethora of stock.  But I'm not sure how long they'll be around for.  Genuinely like walking on air. 

Air & Grace Lace up Copeland Trainers £139



Similar shape but without the addition of bling (I'm an unapologetic fan of the glitter though, can I please point out). 

Ayda 17 Leather Trainer from Jigsaw £98  If you don't fancy the white, there are a staggering 9 other colour to choose from.


Back to a subtle version of bling at Seven Boot Lane with a silver addition on the heel.  15% off all sneakers at Seven Boot Lane with the code HAPPYFEET till midnight this Wednesday 5th April.

Jemima White Leather Lace up Sneakers from Seven Boot Lane £125


And then my new pair for this season.  These I love.  I've worn them today for the first time and they are super comfortable.  For me, just that perfect mix of classic white sneaker with a rock chick edge.

Ash Dazed White Stars Trainers from My Fashion Tribu £155  Size wise - if you're between sizes, go up.  I took the same size that I do in Air & Grace, Golden Goose and adidas - a 40.


Staying slightly off piste at Loeffler Randall.  These aren't cheap, but cost per wear if you live in these like I live in mine, they'll pay for themselves in no time.

Loeffler Randall Logan Tassel Trainers in White £245


Feeling the leopard love at La Redoute with their own brand.  And there is currently 40% off with the code BIG40.  This is off everything - brands included. 

Trainers with leopard print detail from R Studio £55 (pre discount)


If you're concerned about white trainers making your feet look like boats, it doesn't matter how many times I tell you they won't, I know you will still think they do.  So perhaps something that has a slightly softer, more delicate shape to it may ease you in gently. 

These are perfect. 

Nike Classic Cortez in Leather £65


Olivia Cross Strap Trainer from Jigsaw £98


And of course the classic Converse.  Get 40% off at La Redoute with the code BIG40.

Chuck Taylor All Star Trainers £59 pre discount

Not forgetting the classic Stan Smiths - grab 40% off whilst you can. 

Stan Smith low top trainers £89 from La Redoute (code BIG40)


Or in the red again £89 pre discount


And the navy. 


And these amazing softer numbers from Le Coq Sportif.  

Agate Lo Feminine Mesh Trainers £65 pre discount from La Redoute (my favourite out of all the other classic pairs).



And the proof in the pudding - this is me yesterday at Ascot Spring Family Day.  I had no idea they even ran these days but there'll be no stopping us now.  We all loved it.  Ok so the weather helped but it was so lovely to do something so different.  And anyone with a non neurotypical child will know - finding something that works for the whole family, is so rare that when it works, it's truly special.  


Esme Dress - Rebecca Rhoades 
Copeland Trainers - Air & Grace
Straw hat - Zara men
Leopard print bag - Tory Burch

Another day of gorgeous weather and another dress.  With obligatory trainers. 


Leopard print dress - Somerset by Temperley at John Lewis
Dazed White Star Trainers - Ash at My Fashion Tribu
Straw hat - Zara men
Straw bag - TKMaxx

First day of the holiday done.  I have to say, it wasn't so difficult as the weather was amazing so the children were able to go swimming (no we don't have a pool but there is an outdoor pool near us that we use).  

And tomorrow.. I'm on a camera course (TOO EXCITED) so the children have a sitter for the day.  Dare I say I think I've pulled the long straw?!

Hope everyone else survived the first day.  The least you deserve is a pair of new trainers to see you through the next couple of weeks... Would love to hear what your favourites are. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

29 comentarios:

  1. You have read my mind as was just looking at white trainers! (and feeling chuffed as had been deliberating over several of the ones you've highlighted). Love your new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop! Which ones are going to go for?

      Delete
  2. I finally found a pair of comfy white trainers after looking for months. They are from Gant: http://www.gant.co.uk/womens-trainers/yellow-alice-sneaker/40568 I was almost reluctant to share but seeing as it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought white Stan Smiths the other day - for anyone else with small feet the "junior" range in Office goes to a 5, and is half the price of the adult sizes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! You lucky lukcy things!!!

      Delete
    2. And the juniors have a white basket weave version that we don't have - was so sad when I realised!

      Delete
  4. Never mind the fashion (though I LOVE the blue 'Esme' maxi dress and LIVE in my battered white Nike Air Force 1's)-am just so happy to find someone else newly obsessed with Line Of Duty! I, too, haven't a clue how I've missed this over the years and have watched them all back to back in the last 10 days. Trying to convince my work colleagues to watch it just so we have the same cultural references for once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look like I've been dug up as I'm staying up watching it!!!!!

      Delete
  5. White Trainers! I was always a bit sceptical about these, until I saw a pair of Boss trainers way back in January, they've been on my wish list ever since. Not completely white, but the back third is red, including the sole:
    www.boozt.com/dk/da/boss-black/bicolor-sneaker_13938774/13938813

    They are expensive, but I've been dreaming of them for ages. I could see stock was low, and I was lucky to bag the last pair. They arrived yesterday, and I'm in love! I know I'll be wearing them with both pink and blush as well as anything blue. But why do they have to do the laces the way they do, it was impossible to try them without loosening loads, and then impossible to tighten them up again. Those laces will be out in a flash, and re-done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say that I love the ones by Seven Boot Lane, they've been sold out in my size for a while (made it even easier to choose the Boss ones), I quite like the idea of winged heels, very Hermes!

      Delete
    2. OMG LOVE those Boss ones!

      Delete
    3. I have, with a heavy heart, decided to send them back! They are just a bit too chunky for my petite frame. Luckily I decided to try them with a few outfit ideas and could just see they made my feet look huge (I'm only a size 4!),compared to my Stans they look wider too. So they are now sadly packed up and ready for return.
      BTW Kat they do them in black and white too (you're that much taller than me, so they probably wouldn't look so chunky).

      Delete
    4. OMG they'd look absolutely amazing in the black..... off to have a look xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Kat, love your post as ever 😁.

    I've recently come round to white trainers too, and managed to get a pair of Airforce 1s in white and the uppers look like scales?! Sounds not so great maybe but they are gorge.

    Also got a pair of silver Stan Smiths that I was thinking of taking back.....Might have left it too late.

    Unfortunately the weather is still not good here with all the wind and rain, so will need to wait a bit longer to wear.

    Glad you all had a fab day and lived your outfit!

    Best regards, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you've had some better weather this weekend?!!

      Delete
  7. White trainers up here are still the sole domain of the chav so my husband really would disown me :-( Fancy a pair of the Jigsaw ones in not white though :-) The holidays are increasing my internet shopping habit in ways my bank manager won't like :D I just watched Line of Duty series 1 at the weekend and loved it, but couldn't get into the second series - worth persevering then? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lord DEFINITELY worth persevering with!!!!

      Delete
  8. Just got back from a trip in to town to 'return' things and came back with a pair of white trainers (oops!). Another pair will have to bite the dust to make room for them, I think it will have to be the Mango white trainers which I have persevered with (i.e left in the cupboard, occasionally dragged out and regretted it when I realise they are uncomfortable halfway through the day..). What I have got are these beauties. Pure white, white snakeskin trim and THE softest leather ever, literally like slippers straight away:

    http://www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/5,21/2365212985

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE! You can just never have too many can you?!

      Delete
  9. Resurrected my white Supergas last weekend to carry me around Espana - forgot how much I love them. Those Olivias you have linked are calling my name though - swoon.

    So pleased you all had fun at Ascot. As horse racing is my line of work I'm always extolling its virtues as a great day out (I grew up in London but was regularly taken racing by my dad and became hooked). I have devoted my life to caring for racehorses and am still in their thrall almost (almost!) 30 years later. It makes me happy when others discover the joys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh WOW! What do you do?? Would love to know!

      Delete
  10. I have a pair of white trainers on my shelf ... will have to take them down and try some different looks with them!
    Thank you for the tip about Line of Duty .... will definietly check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must! Both the trainers and Line of Duty!

      Delete
  11. Trainers are just perfect for this time of year. I haven't got white ones, but a pair of pale grey converse (in Missoni pattern) which go with everything. Love your zara hat + posh dress + trainers combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound amazing. And thank you!!!

      Delete
  12. The discount at LR is FAB! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All thanks to this great man called Dr Agbazara the great spell caster that bring back the joy in me by helping me to bring back my lover who break up with me Four months ago but now with me with the help of Dr Agbazara the great love spell caster. All thanks goes to him you can also contact him for help if you need him in times of troubles via: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) you can also WhatsApp on this Number +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete