That cannot have been our Summer...

... as I've not even STARTED with my Summer stuff properly yet. 

But in the two days we had, I have at least had the chance to bring out the first of the proper Summer shoes.  All hail the espadrilles. 

For the last couple of Summers, I've been wearing a champagne leather pair from Penelope Chilvers but this year, I was sent a black leather pair from Seven Boot Lane. 

The best bit about them?  Apart from the fact the leather is like butter and they are super comfortable, they are flatform.  Espadrilles have been around forever but with the addition of a flatform, it just makes them that little bit more "this season". 

I chose the black pair as I think they're more practical for me - I have two holidays in this country and one in Ireland this year and suffice to say, the weather can be somewhat unpredictable "stares outside at sideways rain", a black leather with a proper sole is much more weatherproof than most.  Result.  Plus they are proving to be so so so comfortable, I reckon these are a shoe in for Disney (see what I did there...I know, I know - woeful but I am a woman on the edge - see below.  All v yawn but woman on the edge I am).

And I've been given a 15% discount code to share with you, if there's anything from the new season at Seven Boot Lane you fancy - for me, you can't beat the espadrilles, especially with the 15% off - DMBSS16.  Valid till the end of May.

Falcon Black Leather Espadrilles £75 pre 15% discount.  This picture does not do the super soft, chamoix like leather, justice.



However I was tempted by the pink...



They also have them in a rather delicious navy suede if black isn't your thing, again £75 pre discount. 



Or for those who are more confident about their children not tramping all over their feet (is it only mine who still do that, even at 7, 9 and 11??!) - a minky grey suede.

Falcon Grey Suede £75  



But I am over the moon with my black ones which I have managed to wear for the past couple of days and had planned on wearing today - until we were predicted monsoon rain....  As much as these are more practical than I remember from way back when (leather uppers and a proper sole) I would wear them in a shower but not in a "go forth and build an ark" downpour which is what we had today.  Did I mention that they are supremely comfortable?  
Untitled

And after a trip to Selfridges today, I can happily say, other than a sandal, these are THE Summer shoes to be seen in. 

Lots of choice and something for every budget (yes, even in Selfridges.  Oh how I love LOVE that shop).

Something slightly different at River Island with their eyelet version.  These are gorgeous in the flesh.  


Untitled


Black Suede Eyelet Espadrille £48



Or the pink



Or the leopard which is a Limited Edition in a Ponyskin - simply stunning.  Again £48 from River Island.



More leopard at Topshop with a leather toe cap - Kangaroo espadrille £48




And yes - metallic.  So personally, you can keep your leopard shoes this season, as a shoe with a difference, it's metallic all the way for me. 

Although they do look amazing together... (not to be worn together but if you love an espadrille and get a lot of wear out of them - they're different enough to justify both). 


Untitled



Kangaroo Espadrille in Silver £46




Another metallic version at ASOS.  Now for me - having looked at a fair few of these, I think you do get what you pay for generally with regards to quality - both practically and lookswise.  BUT if you're looking for a pair just to wear on holiday or don't plan on wearing them too often, then these could be a great Summer option. 

ASOS Jazzlyn Espadrille £12




And in the sale at Kurt Geiger - a gorgeous bronze was £99 now £49



Peep toe at Kurt Geiger which I saw at Selfridges today.  These are sublime and remind me of the minimalist look of the Seven Boot Lane ones which is what I was after in my espadrilles this season.


Untitled


KG by Kurt Geiger Macie Espadrilles £79







And I didn't see this embroidered detail instore (not entirely sure how I missed it... ) but LOVE LOVE LOVE this little extra.  



Now I think about it, the white ones may have my name all over them, as a contrast to my classic black leather ones.

White Macie Espadrilles £79





But have found plain black leather from Selected Femme for a more reasonable price (although I have to say I may well pay the extra for the mock croc and the Peace Love embroidery...)




Another espadrille with a difference, also at Kurt Geiger.  A cross with a ballet flat...

Untitled 










But finishing with my bargain of the day - slightly off piste but perhaps the perfect combo of espadrille and sandal.  





So here I am today - alas not wearing mine today as it was completely pouring with rain.  A trip to London for meetings.  Without the use of a mobile phone.  To say right now I would happily strangle anyone who works for Vodafone is an understatement.  And still... STILL.. after spending the best part now of three hours either in a shop or on the phone - guess what.  Still no properly functioning phone.  Even though they've charged me the upgrade already, I still can't use it.  Goodness why I am so absolutely p'd off... ??!  I can't bear to have another useless conversation with them - I'm either going to lose it completely or - far more likely - burst into tears. 

Untitled

Navy and bone breton - Joseph
Ada wide leg cropped trousers - M&S
Onyx leather jacket - hush 
Buckle boots - Toga Pulla
Black grab bag - Gucci

So I'm leaving dealing with Vodanofone (as they should be called) till tomorrow and drinking wine instead.  This is a much better solution for this evening I think. 

Was that Summer that we've had then?  It can't be... I'm carrying valiantly on.  More tops and dresses on the way.  

But first I need to hear whether you love an espadrille or not.  For me, with the chunkier sole that so many of them are rocking this season - it's a completely different sort of shoe.  The ideal Summer alternative to your sneakers.  I am in holiday mode already.  

Share this:

CONVERSATION

24 comentarios:

  1. Love an espadrille. I'm waiting for these beauties to come in stock.
    http://www.penelopechilvers.com/new-in/sandals/dp-2663/rhoda-micro-sandal
    Anybody got a Penelope Chilvers discount code?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas no... I'm not sure I don't think I've ever seen a PC code? They're lovely - they had v similar although more of a flatform on ASOS.

      Delete
  2. I really like espadrilles and yet, have never had any. UNTIL NOW!! Am off shopping with the BFF tomorrow, they've just been added to the list. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot justify these, but love love love them!
    http://www.irisfashion.co.uk/accessories/shoes-boots/dp-14962/cana-print-espadrille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - they are super cute! I'm sure I saw more at ASOS in lots of print.....

      Delete
  4. I've got the 3.1 Phillip Lim "Espie" black leather espadrilles from a couple seasons back. Not as thick a sole as your pair but other than that, damn near identical. I adore them. For espadrilles in general, traditional French or Spanish canvas ones have always been a staple of my summer wardrobe, since my teen years. I consider them indispensable.

    BTW, I really really really love that outfit you are wearing in this post. All those elements work so beautifully together! -- Catbird Farm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to say I was never a massive fan of the canvas ones but I LOVE the soft leather and actually find them more comfortable! And thank you - outfit was winging it as it was so so wet but I have to say I rather like it!

      Delete
  5. New convert to espadrilles (never used to be interested, not sure why) and your Seven Boot Lane ones are just perfect, off to explore now! And thank you for the code, it'll help offset the pain of intl shipping charge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are completely gorgeous - I promise you won't be disappointed. Just the right height of flatform to be on trend but not difficult to walk in or too *out* there... The leather is simply divine.

      Delete
  6. I loved them in my teenage years, bought on holiday in France (all my friends were really jealous), need a bit of convincing now - probably start to get the trend when they're all sold out, think I'd go for a peep toe version.
    Danish Pastry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peep toe KG ones I have to say I LOVE but I do think the plain black leather is just the right side of classic with a twist!

      Delete
  7. I used to wear them on holiday in France, too. They were somewhat cheaper in the French markets (but didn't really last...) some lovely ones here. I am trying to convince myself I don't need any more summer shoes, and failing miserably.

    On Vodafone, my partner is having similar issues and came home fuming after visiting their (useless) shop yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.. I'm only buying ONE pair of Summer sandals as last year for sure I didn't buy ANY as I just made use of the ones I had from the year before (oh actually I lie... I bought the two £15 Forever 21 ones which were the best bargain ever and are still going strong. Definitely not buying anymore). I just didn't get that much wear out of them as in reality we didn't have the best summer. I remember living in my trainers which is why I've gone for two pairs of loafers instead.

      Delete
    2. And don't get me STARTED on bloody Vodafone. I've now been in TWICE to their shops and they've been ever so helpful, telling me I had loads of data left... when I said I kept getting texts telling me it had run out - No you don't need to buy any more. Well actually it ran out and then their 191 number wasn't working all day yesterday as their systems were down. Went back in to the shop (at which point I really had to try not to punch someone) who said no, you do still have data (I SO didn't) it was my SIM card that was broken...

      Cue an hour later on the phone to VF, managed to buy some more data.... which they've charged me for.... which ISN'T ON MY ACCOUNT. And breathe....

      Delete
  8. Hi Kat

    A cheeky request! You mentioned about doing a best buys from the US post, would love to see that soon as off to Boston at the end of the month and I know you said you are off to NY soon! Thanks! Also does anyone else have the dread of shorts shopping, desperately need new ones, anyone recommendations? Em

    Ps re espadrilles, I love my Soludos and sometimes good old TK maxx is a good source...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat, slightly off-topic but are these trousers the same as the ones that you bought in Quattro Riche? https://www.theoutnet.com/en-DK/product/Current-Elliott/The-Industrial-cotton-twill-straight-leg-pants/761735

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kat, Love your blog. I ordered the pink Seven Boot lane espadrilles and they are just gorgeous, so soft! I may need the black with your discount code…..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been solidly in my Pavement ones for weeks now, rain allowing (one pair in navy and the other silver although can't remember where I got them from - similar Pavement ones here https://www.zalando.co.uk/womens-shoes-espadrilles/pavement/). They are super comfy although haven't got the flatform edge of the Seven Boot Lane ones (off to explore discount code, thanks Kat - I haven't quite recovered from Seven Boot Lane sending me lovely toiletries to thank ME - random customer - for supporting them, they are the loveliest people ever)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to stop a girl in the street the other day because she was wearing the perfect espadrille - taupe super soft looking leather, metallic toe tip, ankle strap with studding. They just looked so so chic and cool. Of course she told me they are Valentino Rockstudd and a quick google showed me they cost a blooming fortune!! I can't see anything similar (cheaper) anywhere. Huff huff! ha Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love espadrilles, especially the chunkier sole ones - H&M has some gorgeous soft leather black and tan ones for just £29.99 - worth a look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sideways rain all day today in Dublin Kat. Reckon you'll need your wellies!

    A beautifully timed topic today as I've been kicking myself in the bum for not buying the Hush Jordy Skater in Taupe which are now all sold out in my size - sob! I reckon the leather espadrilles will fill that wardrobe gap perfectly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG absolutely LOVE those silver Topshop ones. Desperately trying to justify them in my head - have got some many summer 'casual' shoes already but no espadrilles...

    ReplyDelete
  16. FreedomPop is Britian's only ABSOLUTELY FREE mobile phone provider.

    With voice, SMS & data plans are priced at £0.00/month (ABSOLUTELY FREE).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! Thanks for the fantastic giveaway! Shoes are my weakness since I was a kid. I just love the model http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/1/4/0/5/5925041/black/image1xxl.jpg

    What sizes are available for the model? any idea?

    ReplyDelete