Speaking of all things French...

... hands up who wants to look like Carine Roitfeld? (former editor in chief of Vogue Paris for 10 years.  You officially cannot get more cool than that). 

Well - I missed out on this last time and seeing as I rate highly the quality of Uniqlo clothing (tis probably the only brand that every member of my family wears... oh and maybe M&S), I thought I'd do a sneaky morning blog with my fave picks from her new collaboration with Uniqlo that launched today.  And usually sells out in short order.  (it's selling out as I type - go forth and bag something!).

Just to point out - I have absolutely no contact with Uniqlo at all in case any one thinks this is a sponsored blog... it's not.  Merely a heads up (and gives me a valid excuse to peruse the collection when I should be emptying the dishwasher).

In my quest to be all things French one day, this has got to be the ideal first step on the ladder.  I'll also let you into a little secret.  In my head I am verging on Carine.  VERGING.... It's the obsession with black and the obsession with leather.  See?  Practically one and the same...  So it would make sense that I try and and - I'm going to say channel her style as opposed to becoming slightly scary stalker (before anyone mutters Single White Female).

Starting with a coat that I absolutely adore.  Now.  I'm just going to throw this out there.  She looks amazing in it.  I fear on me it may have a touch more Fagin that I was looking for... 





Faux leather longline blazer.  It all sounds so wrong but oh my lord it's so right.  Can I please point out that I haven't totally lost my senses and shall be leaving the 80s lace tights, which of course are the epitome of cool, to La Roitfeld.  I know my limits. 

But the coat...  WARNING.  They have gone a bit M&S and paid a lot of money for a swanky photographer to do the outside Vogue style shoots and then relied on the YTS chap in the office to take the ones for the website. 

Carine Faux Leather Coat £99




And in my head, this is how I really want to look when I do the school run (ok maybe just for lunch or dinner but WHY can't I look like this every day?  Or even once a week...??  Is it the tights... do I need the tights..... stop me someone, I'm actually tempted to get the tights.....)




Maybe just start with the jacket...... 

Carine Cotton jacket £89.90



Or the skirt.  She can be new skirt inspiration (I need the freaking tights, don't I?)

Actually I think that skirt is already sold out (SEEEEEEE) but this one is the next best option. 

Carine Skirt £29.90


But to be honest, the blouse is probably the most useful element of this outfit. 

Carine Black 100% Silk Blouse £59.90



And then I can't not mention the tights...

Ok so it seems I'm too late on those tights but she seems to deem these ones acceptable too.. since she's put her name to them.  What do we think?  I've come all over Madonna circa 1986..  Should we give them a go?  Have I had too much coffee?

Carine tights £9.90


So I need to stop chuntering on as it's selling out as I type.  Also worth checking out are the slip style dresses which are super on trend, if they're your bag.  I run the risk of looking like Miss Hannigan from Annie in one so I shall be leaving them to the more adventurous.

Quick photo from this morning where I possible couldn't look less Roitfeld if I tried.  And I didn't even try.  This was school run/dog walk (Ginny's on the mend!) before I did come home and am getting changed to nip out again - well.. changing my boots and coat. 


Untitled



Grey cashmere jumper - Me+Em
Black ankle zip skinny jeans - Boden
Black puffer jacket - Ilse Jacobsen
Black oversized scarf - Mint Velvet
Grey wellies - Ilse Jacobsen
Grey pom pom hat - Black 
Black Hazlemere tote - Village England

Right, I'm off to return oh yet more stuff which I ambitiously ordered and looks like a pile of poo.  To be fair, bar one dress from Warehouse (the long silk one which I LOVE but am inbetween sizes... ) it's all kids' stuff which elicited three small turned up noses.  Apart from the 9yr old and nothing fits him.  I bought him a new top from TK Maxx the other day and told him to try it on.  He comes in with my Zoe Karssen jumper on (there's me hyperventilating as his mouth is covered in Nutella...) which is literally like a dress on him.  "Mum.. is it supposed to be this big?".... GET IT OFF!!!!  He much preferred his Polo tee (£12.99 down from £30 - bargain).

Let me know what you think of the Carine R collection and whether you managed to snag anything (I do believe the bomber jackets are also worth a look.  Kelly McGillis I am not, so I shall be, again, leaving those to the more hip and trendy amongst us).

Share this:

CONVERSATION

31 comentarios:

  1. Thanks for the heads up.....alas already too late! I have been on the look out for a black silk shirt for a while now and the Carine one looks a real contender.....sold out in S already :(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo ! I'd hawk the site for returns xx (or try a Medium or an XS?)

      Delete
  2. Messy hair, smoky eyes and a lot of pencil skirts and silky blouses... See? It's easy to master the Carine look. But those tights are great and would elevate any skirt to new heights! It's time to change the view that lace = 80's Madonna! The long leather blazer on the other hand, I'm not so much a fan. Reminds me too much of Al Pacino in Carlito's Way! Or my old self in the early 90s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my hair round dungarees but the jury is still out for me with the lace tights.. or then again, I should just try and recreate the whole look!! I LOVE the long leather blazer but I so know where you're coming from!

      Delete
  3. 100 squids for a synthetic leather jacket??? When did that happen? We've all lost the plot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nothing compared to lots on the HS today! You can pay £60 plus for a pair of pleather shoes! Each to their own for sure x

      Delete
  4. Missed out on the last collection and the world resounded with the sound of me kicking myself. This time I've gone for some tights and the long sleeved black T shirt with a zippy top - LOVE her look but haven't got the legs or the ability to wear high heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get this skirt from Zara the other day and its completely Carine - esque. Was featured on that Gok and Fern show. I love it, perfect nod to outer wear inner wear. It does crease where you sit but that just adds to the general Carine sluttishness boho vibe nest pas?http://www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/skirts/view-all/contrast-lace-skirt-c719016p3187375.html

      Delete
    2. I LOVE that skirt. Seriously seriously love it..

      Delete
  5. It all looks fabulous on her - CR - but its not for me! I think I might be a tad too old for it.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo it's not age, it's attitude!! (and lifestyle.. can't imagine tottering around Waitrose in most of it)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for reminding me - I almost forgot! I also love the silk shirt and, omigod, THE LACE TIGHTS! Buggers are sold out already though, pah. They would look so flipping gorgeous with a pencil skirt. Giving the jackets a wide berth as I fear I would look more than a little ridiculous in the 'Al Pacino' or, indeed, a bomber jacket. I have snaffled the silk printed camisole dress and the olive print silk tie/scarf. Hoping I love the dress as it's perfect for my cousin's wedding in Spain in May (although I doubt I'd carry off the Carine cool)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the camisole dresses, I really do - on other people. Can't quite get my head around them for me personally. I think there's too much flesh on show to get my head round! The amount of fake tan scares me. Way too much margin for error!

      Delete
    2. Being short, as I am, there is (hopefully) not going to be too much on display - I'm usually fairly swamped by my clothes. However, one thing concerns me and that is just how bloody skinny the model is who is wearing said dress! I'm now imagining billowing out of it, rather than it casually skimming off me like it does on her. Feeling less confident about it now...

      Delete
  7. Is it me, or does it all look just a bit tacky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not if you're Carine Roitfeld... !!!!

      Delete
    2. But I do fear if I were to sport most of it, I would look like I was touting for business...!

      Delete
  8. Oooh, seriously tempted by the faux fur bomber! I missed out on the Ines collab when I passed on the velvet bomber. Not sure if faux fur may be a bit much though? Love bombers but they can be such hit and miss!
    http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/176849?r=1497444923321473447

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm it does look a tad dressing up animal stylee?? But then I have a complete hate hate relationship with bombers so that may be colouring my opinion..!

      Delete
  9. Ok just tried on the bomber and felt like a small furry animal! Is it just me or do all the Collins seem to fit short on the body? (Feeling a bit relieved though as I have shopped way too much this month!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHA! Ok that's too funny. It is like fake furry animal! Hmmm again I think she could rock it - on a mere mortal...?? That's interesting about the collabs - wasn't aware of that.

      Delete
  10. I hate the bomber jackets, love the tights - it's about time these came back into fashion. Have bought the black silk blouse and the printed Raffle skirt but fear I may look 'old tart' rather than sophisticated French lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nooooo!! (although it is the look of Corrie barmaid that does put the fear of god in me with regards to those tights, I'm not going to lie...)

      Delete
  11. I can't do bomber jackets, either. Just not me. Blazers or bikers, a different story. I agree about the difference in the 2 lots of photos. I fear I would look like the YTS ones. I do have a black, leather blazer already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the biggest fan ever of blazers. And getting into my groove with bikers... but bombers. Well. You can't wear everything, can you?!

      Delete
  12. I love the tights and would wear them like a shot :-) but then I always have a whiff of Corrie barmaid about me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say I love Carine for my slutty days but yes, my TRUE TRUE heroine is Emmanuel Alt. I blame her for my blazer obsession (ok I can't really blame her but I certainly blame her for me thinking it's therefore validated and buying more..!!!) Although she does wear heels rather too often for my liking (damn her not having to do the school run or a supermarket shop!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely a fan of this collection!! I will check it out like... right now!!! Bye :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us know what you get! (hope there's some left...)

      Delete