Back to the graceful.

So thinking about the S/S wishlist and I already know my number one Must Have.  A blazer.  Or should I say blazers. 

The genuinely most worn item of clothing in my wardrobe is a black blazer.  I have (well, had...) two and one of them I have worn so much - I would estimate at least once a week for the past two years - my tuxedo blazer from hush.  The other black one which I haven't worn as much but I also couldn't live without is a more fitted, again they called it tuxedo (god knows why.. there's squat tuxedo about it as far as I can make out..), blazer from Topshop.  This is now about five years old and still a mainstay of my year round wardrobe.

Interestingly I was talking yesterday with friends about the new (so it's not new but we're a bit slow out here in the sticks) KonMari method of decluttering.  None of us had read it but had purely "heard" about it (one of my best friends' husband had "mentioned" it to her - which clearly went down like a dog turd on the kitchen floor).  What we've taken from it (this is clearly a rather bastardised version over too much coffee...) is that you should throw away anything that doesn't bring you joy. 

Well these would be a firm stayer.  A blazer actually brings me joy.  Perhaps I need to get out more but these are just so so incredibly useful and make me feel infinitely better when I wear one.  They are the perfect timeless classic piece that are the ideal foil for the more disgraceful things we can add in (and I have lots of those coming up).

Especially my new blazer which I got last week in the sale from Me+Em.  This is perfect for Spring, it's not a thin blazer but definitely a more substantial fabric.

Horn Button Longline Blazer from ME+Em was £198 now £79  Mine is a 10.  I think they're the perfect large 10.



They also have it in the navy again for only £79. 




However THE bargain of the blazer sales has to be the grey one from Me+Em which I have and love.  This is a slightly less heavy fabric than the one above but I wore it all Winter and will definitely be wearing it in the Spring and Summer too.  

Flannel Longline Blazer was £215 now £59 (yes you read that correctly).  For me - the two tone arms make it that bit less worky than a plain grey blazer.  





I come armed with more blazer bargains and a classic shaped one now (I love wearing my fitted black and navy ones with looser trews - makes a lovely flattering silhouette).  Perfect to dress down boyfriend jeans with sneakers.  Change for heels for an evening out.  As well as being the perfect work blazer.

Workwear jacket in black from Jaeger was £220 now £60 WITH an extra 20% off everything (discount applied at the checkout).




More flannel in grey from Jaeger, again with an extra 20% off at checkout.

Flannel Blazer was £220 now £49 (How much of a bargain? This will work out less than a blazer from New Look!)







Boyfriend style at Jaeger Outlet. 

Soft Tailoring Jacket was £225 now £99 (with an extra 20% off).



And my personal favourite at hush. 

Black Jacket £65





A classic fitted jacket at Boden with 20% off and in my beloved pink.  I have a pink blazer that I've had for years and wear without fail every Spring and Autumn.  Perfect with pale grey and white for those warmer days.  Also looks lovely with denim (that I don't wear anymore..)  And on my horizon I see black and pale pink...  to explore shortly.  Needless to say, the 20% off only lasts for a day or so more... Worth stocking up on now.  

Hazelbury Blazer in pink £89.50 pre 20% discount with code 9J9G  (check out with the black... surely the perfect Spring work combo as well as for the school run and on a night out?  Who knew a pink jacket would be so versatile?)





Also available in a black and a navy. 







An old faithful from M&S as I love the styling (miracles do happen).

Button Angle Seam Short Jacket £49.50 from M&S





And another great navy option from Uniqlo - slightly longer lined.

Woman Ines Blazer from Uniqlo was £89.90 now £79.90



Me sporting the sales bargain. 


Untitled 

Grey Essential roll neck jumper - Cocoa Cashmere
Black faux leather joggers - ASOS 
Black horn button longline blazer - Me+Em
Grey Air Force Ones - Nike
Black Mario fringed bag - Jerome Dreyfuss

Untitled

Into this grey jumper - Bella Freud
Black faux leather joggers - ASOS 
Black horn button longline blazer - Me+Em
Red Superstar sneakers - Golden Goose
Black Harker Hands Free bag - Anya Hindmarch

Warning.  I will be teaming these trousers with the above jacket often over the next coming weeks.  It is singularly the most comfortable outfit I have worn for months.  Adore it.  

Am I alone in my love of blazers?  Is it my inner 90s Sloane that's rearing her ugly head again - just missing my pearls?  I don't think you can have too many.  I am definitely also in the market for a white one this year.  John Travolta eat your heart out.

However I fear it's not getting warmer any time soon so I am on a jumper mission.  My favourite sorts of jumpers coming up shortly - those fine but not too fine, perfect for under blazers but adequate enough to be warm.  I seem to be collecting them at a rate of knots every year but they are all worn regularly.  And bring me joy.  In your face KonMari  (apparently you're not allowed to junk the iron which gives me absolutely NO joy whatsoever.  Double standards or what).



Share this:

CONVERSATION

35 comentarios:

  1. Perfectly timed blog as I'm looking at new Blazers for spring/summer and as a jacket to go over my (as yet not purchased) dress for my son's graduation.
    I have seen a beautiful pale grey one on the Mango app but the Jaeger one is lovely and cheaper (unbelievably), may have to give it a whirl.
    My Hush order arrived and I love love love it all, so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just ordered the Jaeger one... £49 and then a further 20% off making it £39 plus postage. Way cheaper than the Mango one. May order Mango one too as its a lighter shade and I can compare.

      Delete
    2. A Jaeger jacket for that money is BONKERS! The one thing you can guarantee is that the quality will be in a different league! I do think with blazers, the better the quality, the longer they last - obviously depends on how much you wear it... I certainly have almost worn my hush one but I honestly think it is the most worn item in my wardrobe! The Me+Em one is a great replacer for it at the mo x

      Delete
  2. Do any have long arms? Not for me but my partner has long arms and I know you said that you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! So if something looks long on me, it's long... Not as out of proportion as my legs are but definitely longer than average x

      Delete
  3. I've just de-cluttered my wardrobe after my friend raved about said book. It was surprisingly therapeutic and I discovered clothes I had totally forgot about. I took photos of them all and stuck it on a blog post, but most importantly filed them as a record of what I've got. Two bags full of clothes I didn't want went to the charity shop. Win win and Very organised for me! Back to Blazers....I love them and you've picked some beauties above. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about de-cluttering for a while - it's all so tightly packed in there! I just read your full post and it was nice to see all your stuff hanging up in themes. You've inspired me to do the same this weekend. Wish me luck!

      Delete
    2. Oh that's such a good idea! I'm quite lucky in that mine is all open so you can see everything at once. But there's still a lot there that I never wear but keep "just in case"..!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love a blazer! I had so many in my wardrobe but never wore them as I always thought of them as 'evening' jackets. When I started reading your blog a couple of years back, I realised that they could be worn casually in the day & now I wear them all the time - in fact, skinnies, long tee, black blazer & trainers are my staple outfit now so thanks for the inspo back then!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that's such a lovely thing to read! You are more than welcome! xxx

      Delete
  5. I bought a blazer this autumn for the first time. I love structured jackets, mine are mostly any thing other than a blazer, they can be colourful too. So the blazer is a departure for me. I have used it a fair bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, love a blazer! I have a black velvet one that I've had for years as an evening/more formal jacket, I also have a dark denim blazer that is great for spring. I have a few more too...Love your pleather joggers and blazer outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Denim blazer now that's an idea... And yes, I did have a velvet one that I wore for years but it bit the dust eventually. Have to say I shall be living in the joggers and the blazer...

      Delete
  7. Love a blazer. I have a couple from Me & Em including the grey one above. That was a bargain not to be missed.
    I'm off to Bicester for the first time this week Kat. Will only get about 3 hours there onroute to another destination! Do you have any tips for best use of time/best shops to visit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT. Thing about Bicester is it pays to be surgical. The best advice I would have is to decide what you're looking for before you go... Clothes are normally quite hard to track down I think and take the most time... I tend to only look in Sandro. Burberry and Stella McCartney for clothes - realistically I am never going to buy anything to wear from Prada, Dior or D&G.... Sunglasses, scarves, shoes, bags, purses (so that would be accessories..) would be my first choice always. GOOD LUCK!!

      Delete
  8. The KonMari book is hilariously brilliant - although she does say start with your clothes as they are not very emotional possessions (is she mad!) but I got a lot of useful stuff from it. The vertical folding idea is genius and has transformed my drawers! Check it out on YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact she can even entertain the thought process of clothes not being emotional possessions means she is DEAD TO ME! (although I probably should look at the folding thing. I remember for a while I folded my towels in a funny way that ANTHEA TURNER told me. That was a specific low point of my life... )

      Delete
  9. I have really been influenced by your style. I'm 46. Fast approaching 47. I'm not too bothered about the number but I do want to still wear good clothes and look stylish. I seem to live in my skinny BLUE (sorry) jeans! I've just ordered the black blazer from Hush and the black leather look joggers from ASOS (complete bargain at £21). What to wear on my feet is my dilemma? I'm not sure I'm a trainers sort of girl? I've got a fab pair of animal print espadrilles from Dune but I don't want to look 'too out there'. But black ankle boots maybe too smart?? Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on! Thanks for your great info and photos. Love it. Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kirsty what a lovely message thank you! Right, I can guarantee you I will be falling back in love with the skinny blue jeans as quickly as I fell out of love with them. I am definitely going to be wearing my black joggers with my black ankle boots. But I think you could definitely try a pair of sneakers. There are for sure only some that I can wear - I'll be looking at a variety of trainers as I do really believe there is a pair for everyone! Having said that, animal print espadrilles would rock xxx

      Delete
    2. I think ash virgins or converse are a good entry point for the trainer phobic!

      Delete
    3. Thank you!! I will have a look at those suggestions and just go for it (and ignore husband and teenagers comments!!) xx

      Delete
    4. I have to say for me, I find Stans the easiest look to wear. I'm going to a blog on all sorts of trainers v shortly so there will definitely be an entry level pair that isn't too "TRAINER" if that makes sense...

      Delete
  10. Noooooooooooooo the pink blazer is out of stock in my size - do we think they might get some more in - I love the idea of a pink jacket for work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd watch it like a hawk! (there is also one on the sale site of ME+Em....)

      Delete
  11. L love a blazer and this blog is well timed as I think my favourite is on it's last legs (seem to be having a run on jackets dying!) Looking at the Hush one which lead to all of those lovely jumpers - do you suppose they might have a code out soon???

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a blazer & live in them over spring/summer. My black 1 is also on its last legs!
    I'm on the lookout for a leather jacket, can I ask how you find the size/length of the Hush jacket? I'm 5'7" but quite long in the body so the couple I've tried are just a bit too short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm 5ft10 and I think it's completely perfect for me. It's great done up and undone. Honestly, out of all the biker jackets I've ever tried, it is the most perfect fit. It's also an amazingly supple, soft leather.

      Delete
  13. Hi Kat, your outfit today is fantastic - smart, casual and elegant. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a shame about the jacket but yes, I do think it probably is wide if you're tiny of waist. Works perfectly for straight and down me. But how gorgeous is the leather?! Outfit from today sounds gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What's the point? Besides, If you are eating you're just going to get your clothes all dirty anyway.
    Which goes back to my original question, why do people dress up when dining out?
    night out dresses

    ReplyDelete