And back in the room.


Ok here we go.  My most favourite, most practical footwear every.  TRAINERS.  Or sneakers.  You decide.  I am confident in saying these have become most definitely a classic in our wardrobes.  For me, they are the number one must haves to transform an outfit from a couple of years ago, into a perfect S/S16 number. 

I will confess I have only been an adopter in the last couple of years but when it comes to adopting trainers, I am the Angelina Jolie equivalent.  Obsessed.  I am a shoe addict that's for sure so it's not hard for me fall in love with a style but this might be a cut above my usual footwear relationship. 

I'm just going to throw it out there - it's the comfort factor.  Gimmer alert, these are just perfect for every day throwing on and not feeling like you need a hip replacement by lunchtime. 

And now, there is a style and a price point to suit everyone.  I wear them all the time (if you haven't noticed) although I do only (only she says..) have four pairs.  At the moment (ha ha) they are keeping me going and I am definitely getting my moneys worth.  Does that count as an addiction?  Small fry I appreciate to the true trainer buffs out there.  I am a mere beginner...

But they don't have to be expensive and this is a quick look - inspired by a foray into Topshop yesterday when they have brought out some options which it really is too rude to ignore. 

These are amazing for the money. 

Copenhagen Star Trainer from Topshop £26





But my find of the week is definitely the Caper trainer (you do actually get two of them...) in leather from Topshop for a wondrous £26.

In the blue



Caper Lace up trainer in burgundy (this is actually red - I saw them instore today) from Topshop £26



And in the black. 




Toulouse Lace up Trainer £52




More leather options at M&S.  These are perfect as an entry level.  The ultimate in elegance.  And yes I do believe a trainer can now be elegant.

Leather Lace up trainers from Autograph £49.50



If you don't want white white then they a grey version - I would say more of a stone but the perfect muted shade if you don't want a bright white. 

In the grey £49.50



Leather look now but a bargain if you just want to give the look a go... 

New Look leather look trainers £12.99



More detail at Pull & Bear.

Pull & Bear White Stitch Detail Trainer £25.99



Another version of a heel detail at ASOS.  Flatform now which isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea but I don't think it's too in your face Spice Girls. 

ASOS Dion Flatform £25.00



A really good looking staple now in a couple of colours.  I am a huge huge coloured trainer fan which is ironic when I'm not that big on colour.. (admittedly I do only have one pair).

ASOS Drew Lace Up Trainer in yellow £25



And in the pink.. again £25



I really hope there are some options there if you're not looking to spend a fortune on your trainers.  Certainly I started out (as I wasn't sure) with a very reasonably priced pair from Zara.  And then all the wheels feel off.  I am warning it is a slippery slope.. and to that end,  will be back shortly with some higher price options.  They clearly can come under the heading of "Mother's Day Present"...

In one of my pairs yesterday.

Untitled 


Black polo neck - Jigsaw
Black trousers - Me+Em
Onyx jacket - hush
Red Superstar sneakers - Golden Goose
Haworth black bag - Village England

So I'm off to get ready for lunch in London with some girlfriends.  Leaving the husband with the children trying to watch the rugby.  Which isn't on for about 15 weekends a year or anything....

Share this:

CONVERSATION

33 comentarios:

  1. A few months back I bought some limited edition converse from Office in slightly pearlised white leather - divine. Waiting patiently in my wardrobe. BTW - my size Iro Nuria boots just came back at Luxe Layers, awaiting delilvery! DedeWest11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gorgeous! And hope you like the boots..!

      Delete
  2. Love the Pull & Bear wth tan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Copenhagen Star trainers from Toppers are amazing. Was teetering on the edge of a trainer purchase... now fully diving in at that price point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so pleased you like them. They're a great find aren't they?

      Delete
  4. Yay, she's back to normal!! Love this, but too many lovely choices...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the trainers, the star ones from Top Shop are fab. Do you have to be barefoot or trainer socks? I'm guessing the towelling ankle sock combo is out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear trainer socks (not the towelling ones but the super thin ones). Or I have to say I mostly wear bare feet..

      Delete
  6. Love the Copenhagen trainers too. I've recently ordered some cheetah print pony skin Stans from Farfetch (to add to the Nike/Liberty Air Max Theas in tan cameo print I bought last week), but I'm feeling nervous about them now. If they do in fact turn out to be a no-no, then I will look to the Copenhagen trainers to replace them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now feel like a trainer virgin...!! They all sound amazing!

      Delete
  7. Love your outfit - but not with the red trainers, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the Copenhagen star trainers but sold out!! Hoping they will re-stock. Cheryl X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got some white Golden Goose as a Christmas present (yay!) and had to size up as my usual size came up a bit small, but with the larger ones I struggle to keep them on my feet as they are cut very low at the back and finding it difficult to get used to. Need to find a way around it though as I adore them and receive lots of lovely comments when I wear them! Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, have you tried lacing them up a bit tighter? Do you have the Superstars? I have to say I haven't had a problem. Failing that you could always try an insole?

      Delete
    2. I wear sheepskin insoles in mine. From amazon, about £4. Keep your feet warm without socks and hold your foot in the shoe. Might be worth a try.

      Delete
  10. There *might* be one but not until at least April... the trousers are amazing. Smart enough to wear to a wedding/to work but perfect with sneakers. And they don't crease At All. I think they're actually better quality than last season...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw these star trainers on another blog a couple of weeks ago and thought they were brilliant .... May have to investigate although if they are selling out fast I may be out of luck .... Like the Caper ones in blue too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're OOS now. Boo. The Caper ones in blue are super cute. Really unusual shade.

      Delete
  12. Love my Stan Smiths but thinking of going off piste with the Whistles white Melby espadrille trainers...what do you think? Grazia code coming on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE them. Did a whole blog on them right at the beginning of the season about flatforms. I absolutely adore them. But not sure if they're slightly *too* flatform for me...

      Delete
  13. I'm debating between the all white Stan Smith or the snakeskin off white versions....thoughts??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I'd go snakeskin off white. Mine are the cracked leather so already look slightly worn and aren't box fresh. I think the problem with super box fresh trainers is that they only ever end up looking slightly worn.

      Delete
    2. Thank you !!!

      Delete
  14. These are the perfect casual trousers that you could dress up or dress down. I tried on a fair few - I LOVED the long ones with the orange and white stripe but the 12 was too big and the 10 was too small. I'm tempted to get them and get the 12 just altered....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love blackstone trainers bought grey hi tops in Holland last year really comfy really cool styling. X
    http://www.shopstyle.co.uk/browse/womens-sneakers/blackstone

    ReplyDelete
  16. After a huge online mission every day since this entry, I am finally the proud owner of the Topshop Copenhagens. I can highly recommend them. Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone daily.

    Start following our trades today and earn up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete