A hunka munka chunk of love

In the form of a hunka munka cardigan.  A huge huge thank you first off, to Hush who very kindly have sent me some warm goodies to see me through on my hols as, it being the British Weather and it being as predictable as, well the British Weather, it's turned.  It's cold.  It's not freezing but boy it's much much much chillier than it was when I packed 10 days ago.  On the upside, it hasn't been wet and so I haven't needed anything waterproof (clearly I didn't bring anything as I'm a cretin) 

The kids, of course, don't feel it.  Hell, they're still swanning around in the sea, whilst I've been sat wrapped up in my new woolies which I love and am beyond grateful to Hush for. 

All pics at the end but it has made me think how useful my new cardigan is going to be.  It's the ideal transitional piece - perfect to throw over a tee shirt and jeans for instant warmth.  But just as fab with a tee layered with a thin knit jumper and a huge scarf for crisp Winter days.  I also have been wearing mine in the evenings - fab for flinging on over my slobs - I should probably say loungewear here but that really is stretching it and I mean glorified jamas - those things you change into the minute the kids get into theirs, oh please say it's not just me.  My evening wear (in the truest casual sense of the word) is a vest and jersey joggers.  An ideal cover up is a huge warm snuggly cardigan.  Think of all those heating bills you'll save as well......

So mine is at the bottom of the post but I thought I'd have a look and see what else there is out there in the same sort of style.  Well, the answer is not an awful lot.  Thin knit cardigans, there are loads of them.  But a proper, statement, chunky number?  Hmmm well not the hugest amount.  I had assumed (and we know what assume makes, don't we?....) that there would be loads but maybe I'm just peaking too early in August.  Even though, as the weather forecasters keep telling us, it is unseasonably cold. 

Starting with a great belted chunky cardigan from Boden.

Barcelona Cardigan from Boden £89 in rose melange 


In navy £89

And in a pewter/charcoal melange £89

A shorter swing version from Toast (these are very like my Goat cardigans but at a much better price unless you find a Goat one in the sale like I did!)  

Ria Cardigan in grey melange from Toast £149



A bargain number from RIver Island

Blue Chunky knit Cardigan from River Island £28



ASOS come up trumps on knitwear as per usual. 



This won't be for everyone as it's 100% acrylic but one thing I'm not is a fabric snob.  A *feel* snob definitely but I've felt such great acrylic in my time (that hasn't come out quite as I'd intended....) that I've learnt not to judge a fabric by its title. 



More pattern, this time from Maison Scotch.  I'm having a 90's student moment with this.  Oh yes - relive that yoof.




Another belted cardigan from Hush which is available in either grey marl or charcoal. 

Cardigown in grey marl from Hush £95


In charcoal grey £95


And finally, my fave which I posted the other day.

And here I am - not quite doing it justice.  The Husband does keep singing some random indie songs from the 90's but I'm refusing to listen to his comments and shall be wearing it often.  

Wore it on Sunday when we went to the Craft & Country Fair in Aldeburgh which was hilariously brilliant.  All I'm going to say is if you haven't ever seen sheep racing, you've been missing out.

Untitled

Grey tee - H&M
Nessa Cardi - Hush
Patch jeans - Mango
Patent sliders - Zara
Black Diego bag - Alexander Wang

Last couple of days we've been hanging out at Dunwich beach which has to be the most amazing unspoilt place on the Suffolk coast.  Tis honestly the beach that time forgot.  More of this in the next blog.  Days on the beach though have meant that my woolies have come in more than useful so thank you again to my lovely friends at Hush.  I have also learnt that I am not a natural kite flyer. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

23 comentarios:

  1. Lucky you with the Hush goodies! That cardi is gorgeous. As is the Boden Barcelona but - buyer beware! - bought one last year and it bobbled up after just one (yes, one) wear. Had to go straight back, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lord I hate it when stuff does that. I do find randomly, the more you pay for something, the more it bobbles..... I had a Nicole Farhi oversized cardigan (Which admittedly I did buy from TK Maxx so didn't break the bank totally) but god it looked like I'd stolen it from the dog basket after three wears. I've it debobbled even by the dry cleaners and I can't believe it STILL looks crap every time I wear it. Have binned it. Honestly, looked too crap even to give to the charity shop. x

      Delete
  2. Your new cardi is beautiful Kat, I love the colours. Resisting ordering oil until after September, but a cardi is cheaper than oil, right?
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh definitely! I think it's the colours that make it so special otherwise it would be slightly too grunge for my liking. The colour lifts it totally. Will be fab with a whole host of neutrals.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colors on you Kat - I love a good cardigan - I was that kid at Uni in the early 90s with the men's long M&S cardigans pulled over my hands:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And I am still queen of the chunky cardi.

      Delete
  4. I am so envious of the hush goodies, you look great. What size did you get the hush jumper in? Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh,, Lyn, mine's a sample so doesn't have the size in but I would assume it's either a small or medium. I do think these things look better oversized so I'd probably size up if you're not sure. x

      Delete
  5. I too enjoy slipping on my jersey loungewear in the evening - otherwise known as vest & jersey wide leg pj bottoms. Plain colours though, no fluffy snoring sheep or anything!! And yes, my lovely long snugly cardi has also been brought out of hibernation to wear with said 'loungewear' so you are most definitely not alone!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes yes yes! Phew x Often, the poor husband leaves me when i'm sleeping and then comes back and I'm in my snugglies (or asleep again!) Only sees me dressed at the weekend!

      Delete
  6. Have you ever looked at the surf brands like Animal and Roxy for knitwear? They do some lovely chunky cardigans and sloppy sweatshirts for the autumn. Perfect for snuggling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know I haven't. I'll have a look, that's a great idea, thank you x

      Delete
  7. Love a thick Cardi, your hush one is gorge - I got one in a pale pink with bits of lurex thread a couple of years ago and love it although im not sure I'd venture out with it - husband HATES it with a passion! I've started throwing on lounging stuff straight for work - again met with disapproval, think he'd rather me greet him in a pair of marabou mules and flouncy number but that's just not going to happen! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I remember the early 90s long cardi uni look! I did that too! Love the Hush cardi and particularly with the damson jumper underneath. Wasn't quite 'getting' it when I saw it on the website, but am now contemplating a purchase. It helps so much to see it on you Kat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT does make a difference seeing it on somebody "normal" doesn't it? One of the beauty of blogs.

      Delete
  9. You are so lucky Kat! Looks great on you. Love the Hush cardigown, wondering if I should size up to make it all slouchy like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - v lucky indeed! I would definitely say that when it comes to cardigans, slouchy and bigger is definitely better. x

      Delete
  10. What a fab cardi Hush very kindly sent to you. The colour is great. This will be on my wish list. Yep, wearing shorts this week is very testing whilst out gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My shorts are well and truly packed away. I will contemplate a skirt once I get back to my fake tan but shorts are put away for next year! I also love the colour of the cardie - definitely one to lift your basic neutrals. x

      Delete
  11. I seem to have amassed all three of those Boden cardigans over time. They are warm and cosy, like stylish dressing gowns. No problems will excess bobbling on mine though. (Bought the grey one early summer on Boden's ebay site, which is a huge money-saver!) Love the Hush belted cardis and the ones from Toast. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA ha ha ha! Love the fact you have all three! xxx

      Delete
  12. So glad you had fun in my home county hope you had fish n chips at dunwich and didn't get ketchup on that lovely cardi from hush !

    ReplyDelete