My grown up take..

... on boho.   Now I know I looked at this right at the beginning of the season and at the time, I did say that it probably wasn't going to be something I embraced in a huge way.  And I haven't.  

Not because I don't like it - goodness me no - I love it, I truly do.  I'm just not sure that at 41 and living in the home counties it loves me back.  If I were to spend the Summer in Ibiza, I would have it overflowing from every corner of my wardrobe but we are off to Suffolk.  Ahem. 

However I think, on looking at my wardrobe and my recent outfits in this beautifully summery weather we've been having, I hope I have found my nod to boho whilst not going the whole hog. 

I've been asked a number of times if I can find alternatives to a couple of the tops I have that have either sold out this season or are eons old (as an interjection that is the amazing thing about this trend - it seems to have become a Summer Staple and so things last for years and years.  I'm not going to mention cost per wear at this juncture but I'm just going to leave it lying out there.....) 

I think the easiest way to incorporate it into your wardrobe is with a top.  A no brainer of a loose fitting shirt is the quickest route to bohodome.  Wear with any bottoms - shorts, skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans or kick flare jeans.  Dress up with heels for the evening, dress down with a hat for daytime bombing about. 

But are there any left either in the dregs of the sales or at full price?  Well...

Boho Blouse from Mango now £14.99 was £29.99



Another stunner at Mango this time sleeveless 

Ethnic Embroidered Blouse was £29.99 now £19.99



Staying with sleeveless, I absolutely LOVE this one from M&S.  I was going to attempt to get through a whole blog on boho without mentioning La Marant but I have failed hidesouly.  However I'm not going to apologise for it, as this is such a fabulous tribute at such a great price - I am making no excuses. It's gorgeous and a total Marant ringer) 

Lace Trim Sleeveless Blouse from M&S for £29.50



Mango really have this corner of the market sewn up (pardon the utterly rubbish pun).  This one to me, really is the classic boho top that you'll wear for years and years.  

Mango Ethnic Embroidered Blouse in natural was £34.99 now £24.99





Very similar but in different shades. 

Keira Embroidered Blouse from Mint Velvet was £79 now £59




Staying with the monochrome colours. 

Pure Modal Batwing Blouse was £35 now £29 from M&S



And again from M&S in more modal.

Pure Modal Contrast Embroidered Blouse from M&S was £29.50 now £15



My favourite from M&S though has to be this one from Twiggy's range - not somewhere I would look, if I'm honest, but it really is very very lovely. 

Twiggy for M&S Collection Peasant Blouse was £35 now £20




This is easier to wear if you're not into the embroidered coloured print.  Cream on cream.  Lovely loose shape. 

Handmade Embroidery blouse was £34.99 now £24.99






A similar version but in a very pale blue silk from M&S.

Indigo Pure Silk Floral Embroidered Blouse at M&S £75 (this may be where you need to apply the cost per wear theory...!) 



Another cream loose blouse at Phase Eight. 

Phase Eight Ingrid Embroidered blouse was £79 now £39



A slightly dressier version in cream from Alice Temperley at John Lewis. 

Somerset by Alice Temperley was £99 now £49



However it needn't be a light colour and it needn't be embroidered. 

Print and colour can be just as effective, pretty and versatile. 

Mosaic Print Blouse in strawberry was £34.99 was £24.99






This is very similar to my Monsoon Vintage one which I'm constantly getting questions about. 

Embellished Tile Print Blouse now only £15 from M&S was £35



Love the shades of this. 

Block Print Blouse with Camisole from M&S £22.50


Fabulous orange shade at Atterley Road 

Atterley Road Alais Orange top £29



Pyrus is a gorgeous brand and this is a great reduction. 

Pyrus Crepe Cutwork Embroidered blouse in sorbet was £125 now £31.25






A blue very slight boho vibe (this one is definitely up my street, in fact I've tried it on) 

Striped Cotton Blouse was £19.99 now £12.99 from Mango




image


Linen blue and white top - Massimo Dutti
Cut off shorts - Denim & Supply by Ralph Lauren
Gladiator sandals - Aldo
Ponyskin bag - Zara

And yesterday for helping out (hurdles duty no less, I'll have you know) with a BBQ at a friend's afterwards:-

image

Floral racer back top - Zara
Cut off shorts - Denim & Supply by Ralph Lauren
Rose gold Havaianas 
Hat - Fatface
Ponyskin bag - Zara

We are now off down to the coast for a 90th birthday party (well, a 40th and a 50th joint) so I have obviously two outfits packed as I clearly can't make up my mind.  A dress it is though - oh how lovely to be able to dress up.  Outfit will be posted later on Instagram - my new favourite obsession.  I defy you not to become obsessed if you're not already.  Do let me know what your name is so I can follow you - mine is @doesmybumlook40 

xxx

Share this:

CONVERSATION

9 comentarios:

  1. Oooooh gorgeous! Could that m&s blouse be more Marant? Also wanted to thank you for the TKMaxx recommendation a few weeks ago, got a fab Zoe Karssen tshirt in there today and a neom candle - heaven! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, you are bad for my bank balance! Just ordered the marant lookalike from M&S. Thank you. Insta cate0508 already following you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell yeah at 41 you can still rock the trend, I love boho tops even at my age and I adore the top in your first outfit picture x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch out for the sizing on the Mango blue striped top - it comes up huge, not just big - huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you on insta already (@princessdave) - your children are SO lovely. I really like your first outfit here, you look wonderful. The very definition of grown up boho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've deliberately tried to move away from the boho trend, but every time I see it on other people's blogs, it's like coming home, I just love it. I am convinced that I am defined by an era and however hard I try to move away, I am pulled back to it. I guess it is just lucky that it wasn't the 80s with big gold jewellery and shoulderpads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love a bit of boho - I have always adored your by Marlene Biger boho cream top. Glad you are more regular on Instagram - it's additive isn't it??been following you got swhile @fashionmumof40

    ReplyDelete