Shoot me now

And I'm here all week.  Boom boom. 

Seriously though, I can't actually believe that, with the ridiculous amount of shoes that I have (that's not something you see me admit every day, I'm clearly in a magnanimous/stupid mood) I am in need of another pair. 

That's Need with a capital N.  Well, I *could* carry on wearing my "seen better days and I mean on their last legs" suede boots from Zara which are now 5 years old.   To say they owe me nothing is an understatement, but, yawnarama, I haven't found any others that do the trick as well as they do.  I guess I could possibly downgrade the N to an n but I am definitely in need of a new pair. 

For why?  For my new love of dresses, that's why.  I do have my new beloved Margo boots from Sam Edelman which look great with trousers and I do like them for a casual night out with a dress.  But for a slightly smarter affair?  They just don't work.  For two reasons.  The leather and the looseness round the leg.  Just too boot like for a dress.  I need (yes need..) something ever so slightly more delicate and less boot like and more shoe like.  But not a shoe.  Clear as mud eh?

Yes I'm after a shoot.  Which must be suede.  Leather does not work for me in this instance - with super thick opaque tights, for a dressy evening occasion, I can't quite get to grips with leather.  

So I am on a quest.  It must be suede and it must be shoot shaped.  For the record, I have not turned into a total and utter arse and descended into making up toolish fashiony words to flood the blog with (not today anyway, just yesterday).  Even Clarks acquiesce that Shoot is a proper piece of footwear and have a dedicated category to them.  Would I wear all of theirs?  That'll be a rather large nay - to be honest, their interpretation of Shoot and mine is ever so slightly different. 

Now I have included some on a black boot thread already this season but some of them need revisiting so I will bung back on here.  Of course there are some new gems as well. 

Starting with somewhere which I haven't discussed yet this season (bar the brief mention above) - the one and only Clarks (and that's because I love the fact they also call them shoots) 

The La Bronte is now £79.99, 30% off full price   Adore the patent heel actually (yes despite my insistence on suede, I think there is enough suede on here to give them that smarter edge) as it won't get trashed nearly as quickly as a suede heel would. 









These from Mint Velvet are lovely at £129 - have been tempted before, am still now.  A definite contender. 






Nine West Junette Shoe Boots £125   These are perhaps slightly higher up the foot than I have in mind - I'd also like to be able to wear them with Capri Pants (or should I say Bistro Pants - I'm going to christen them Caff pants just to be different).  I think a low shoot (so more shoe and less boot) would work with that look.  But then that would negate the purchase of pointed heels to go with them so maybe I'll kibosh that idea and just stick for these with skirts.  In that case these are back in the room.  





These London Bardot Shoe boots from Hobbs for £199 (gulp) I absolutely and utterly love.  I tried them on last week when I had a bit of a Hobbs fest (which I need to tell you about actually) and they are truly gorgeous.  They do come up quite wide so definitely size down.  Too gorgeous. 




I also had these on the last Rocking Horse Poo Blog - a lower version of the ones above without the scalloped edge (but I love the scalloped edge - boooo).  These are a lower heel as can be seen and as much as I verge on tranny if I were sky high heels, I persist.  I love a humungous stiletto. So there.

Collection by John Lewis Seyfried Shoe Boots - £115




These from Jigsaw are slightly higher but still not a towering heel.  The perfect mid height.  A truly classic Shoe boot (aka shoot)

Jigsaw Harrow Shoe Boot £159



I have tried these on from M&S and they look a whole lot different from here.  Which will come as a surprise to nobody.  Perfect for those with a wider foot as it's a wide fitting. 

Autograph Suede Water Resistant Zip Platform Wide Shoe Boots with Insolia £59


Here is me in them.  Size down if you don't have a particularly wide foot. (check out our posh M&S shoe boutique seating in the background)

Untitled

Staying with the comfort factor, I came across this version of the Kendra boot from Clarks which I hadn't seen before and definitely need to explore in detail.  Especially with using the code BLING for 20% off full price adult prices.

These are a tick on so many levels.  Platform, check, suede, check, zip detail, check, not too high, check, comfort factor, check check check.  Simply adore these, especially for the price.









Usually I do like a real suede/leather shoe - I totally object paying £50 plus for a pair of non leather shoes.  But for £19.99, I would say, if you only want them for a couple of occasions, these are definitely worth a look. 


So I need to have a good trying on session.  I have a couple of dress events coming up and am in need of footwear (as I said, this really is something you never hear me say very often.)  Watch this space.

Finishing with the outfit today.  I hate it.  I absolutely loathe it.  There is a reason this poloneck from Zara which I bought when my youngest was born and he is now five was stuffed somewhere in the depths of my wardrobe.  To be fair, the black one is still going strong but this one is just hideous.   It doesn't help that my exercise quota from the last fortnight has been nada.   I did go to Pilates this morning in the vein hope that an hour there could fix the doughiness of not working out.  Yes, that'll be a no.  You will be pleased to hear that I'm consoling myself with a large glass of Gluhwein (Lidl's finest).  Oh heck, I know it's only Tuesday but it's the coldest day of the year so far I reckon.  Definitely knocking on Christmas' door.

So this look for me is a fail.  It does look better with the coat on,  I look like a refugee from the 70's and not in a good way without it.  I randomly do think it might work with my leather A line skirt.  With jeans - it is a classic "Mum outfit".  Bleurgh.  Not to be seen again. 

For the record, in my head this morning, before I got dressed, this worked.  Goes to show how wrong one can be.


Untitled

Taupe polo neck - Zara
Grey Baxter jeans - Topshop
Stone Alice boots - Seven Boot Lane
Tweed boyfriend coat - Zara
Chestnut Lily bag - D&G 

In view of my style swerve today, I have a cunning plan to get back on track tomorrow. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

20 comentarios:

  1. Can't believe you missed out these from Whistles, these are my favourites at the moment http://www.whistles.co.uk/fcp/categorylist/dept/shoes-boots?resetFilters=true#product=903000061127 (the Bella platform boot if link doesn't work) Expensive and sold out in most sizes but my Whistles are excellent at calling round stores and locating them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stumped too with the shoot search - I was nodding away whilst reading and totally get the not too high on the foot and the suede issue - somehow a total leather shoot looks really heavy on the foot. My favs here are the mv (funds can't stretch unfortunately) and the Clarks Bronte. Think you're really hard on yourself re outfit but polo necks are hard to wear. Must be a lot warmer down south as I had 4 layers on today - tried out a heatech top today as bottom layer and it was amazingly warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly not really a big fan of the shoot but still loved your post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you that's such a lovely thing to write! xxx

      Delete
  4. I have these from Next and love them: http://www.next.co.uk/x52278s3#854242x52

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great post, you're certainly on a roll Kat well done.

    Linzylabellevie@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have some good ones in H&M - got mine with a 25% code so they were a fab £20. Very comfy - and I get blisters from pretty much every shoe I have ever tried on. Worn them about 4 times now and they aren't showing any wear... Sair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went into store and couldn't find them. Boo!

      Delete
  7. Love the Hobbs ones, and it's rare that I get excited about stuff from there! There's a 20% off Hobbs code inside month's Good Housekeeping btw, if that helps enable anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so lovely. Tbh, Hobbs have had a bit of an epiphany recently. Although again, it may be me sliding down that old age fashion slide!

      Delete
  8. I'm so close to ordering the Kendra boots from Clarks. They look fab and are a bargain with the discount xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a indeed a bargain and the perfect heel height if you don't like super tall heels. Would be also fab for during the day.

      Delete
  9. There are some like the Hobbs ones in Banana Republic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i'll go and have a look thank you x

      Delete
  10. Ooh love the Marksies ones.

    You always look fab but I know what you mean about a polo neck. I love them though, so cosy and easy to wear. I just live life on the fashion edge and end up looking like the man from the Milk Tray advert :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nail on the head. This was anaemic milk tray man. Bad on every level. I will stick to black but always team with another colour! And thank you for your lovely comment x

      Delete