See, it doesn't count as shopping...


...if you buy it in the supermarket.  Does it?  Especially if it's a titchy tiny pair of sandals.  

After having another look around today to see if there were any sandals to replace my beloved Gigis, I nearly settled on these from Dune.  My favourite by a country mile.  




But £49.  Which, in the scheme of leather sandals which will (hopefully - dear lord hopefully) get a hammering in the summer (risible really isn't it, seeing as it's June and it should "be" summer.  I've got my chuffing heating on!), isn't actually that bad. 

So these were top of my list.  However as it was peeing with rain outside, I was in no rush to make a purchase today - the sales are upon us and if you hang around long enough there is always a money off day at Dune or House of Fraser with a price match at John Lewis.   Loads of opportunity to purchase them at a better price with no rush to buy considering the weather. 

And for once, my procrastination paid off.  As on a trip to Tesco to stock up on Magners and Capri Sun (can I please point out they are not for my personal consumption.  I prefer my drinks made from grapes.) I came across these which I am completely bowled over by.  

Seeing as so many more sandals on the high street these days, aren't from leather and are significantly more expensive than these, I am beyond pleased with my purchase.  They look even better in real life. 




They didn't have a great selection in my Tesco so I thought I'd just see what else they had online.  Oh my lord, what an amazing selection.   If they're all as decent a quality as the tan studded ones I got, then buy buy buy. 

In nude  

Leather monochrome t-bar sandals - £15   Familiar much?  If black and white is your thing, then I wouldn't hesitate to buy these. 





Snakeskin effect jewel leather sandals  £18  These are rather reminiscent of a Russell & Bromley pair from a couple of years ago.  Which weren't £18.




Leather and metallic t-bar sandals - £19.50  These scream Michael Kors to me.  They also have them in black online. 





Moving on to a final few which aren't leather but are still worth a mention.   A number of people on twitter pointed these out to me following my Gigi thread a while back.  Now available in two different colourways. 

Colour block toe post sandals - £10 




And in a different colourway 



Coral Toe Thong Sandals - £10  I love the shape of these.  I may even love this shape as much as I love the Gigi shape.  I am such a boring hound when it comes to flat sandals and I always stick to tan or a metallic.  However for £10 maybe I should change the habit of a lifetime......  Adore the detailing of colour around the sole. 







And I defy anyone to ever ever guess that these are from Tesco.  & Other Stories maybe, but Tesco?  I completely and utterly love these.  Slightly more substantial than those above but I love the minimalistic slant to them with that rock chick edge. 

Truffle Spike Strap Sandals - £16 


Finishing with what I've been wearing the last couple of days.  Bugger all make up in the first pic.  


Untitled 


Navy and white breton top - H&M
Faded straight leg jeans rolled up - Earl
Rockafella boots - Russell & Bromley
Navy pleather jacket - Primark
Grey Cherelle bag - Whistles 


Untitled

Wine breton top - Massimo Dutti
Navy waffle jersey jacket - Next 
Distressed biker jeans - By Malene Birger
Navy Newbury Boots - Rag & Bone
Jewel necklace - Zara
Tan shopper - Zara

And last night out for dinner for The Husband's birthday.  The inaugural outing for the Burberry ensemble. Over the moon with it.  Hair - not so much so.  Rain related disaster.   The lack of focus is an indication of how much we drank.....  It's always such a rush in our house when I go out (trying to listen to reading, help with homework, feed kids, load the dishwasher at the same time as drying hair, applying fake tan, touching up nail varnish on toes etc.  Carnage.  Utter carnage) that the Official Photographer doesn't have time to pap me.  

Untitled Untitled

Black ruched dress - Burberry
Black gladiator shoes - Burberry 
Quilted leather jacket - Massimo Dutti
Black Clutch bag - Tory Burch 

And today in a new cashmere and viscose t-shirt from Zara which I am very much in love with.  Just less than £20, the most stunning texture - would look as good with smart cropped trousers and a blazer for work, with skinnies and a little jacket for a night out or as here, super casual with straight legs rolled up. I also love the colour - I don't have a pale grey top and I can already foresee getting a lot of wear out of it.  Obviously I can't find it at all online.  I purchased instore.  They do apparently do other colours - completely sold out when I went back in today to have a look.  The perfect alternative to my beloved linen short sleeve tees. 


Untitled Untitled


Grey cashmere tee - Zara
Faded straight legs rolled up - Earl
Cream jacket - Zara
Scarf - Markus Lupfer
Silver leather ballet flats - Zara
Leather cuff - Hultquist
Stone necklace on long chain - Kenneth J Lane
Vanilla Roxanne bag - Mulberry 

And there we have it.   This weekend is the long awaited First Holy Communion.  I think I have finally decided on an outfit.  If the weather would finally make its mind up of course.   Have the Rugrats doing a daily sun dance.  It doesn't appear to be working.  What will be will be.... Wellies anyone?

Share this:

CONVERSATION

10 comentarios:

  1. Love that you like the Tesco sandals too - I will take a look online now (spotted them in store too - but no joy for my sizes!). Great to have your opinion on them too:) thanks! Just read Essentials - your article is great. Rachelx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are honestly fab - have worn them and so so comfy. x

      Delete
  2. Oh no, my secret is out!.....bought quite a few pairs that you have shown from "Emporio" Tesco early on in the season, and I have to say they have exceeded my expectations, they look great, feel great, and four pairs cost me less than one pair elsewhere!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How comfortable were the Burberrys? I have pondered shoes from them a few times at Bicester and always backed off wary that I might wanted to cut my feet off at the end of a night out in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ridiculously comfy. Admittedly I was absolutely plastered, but they were very comfy indeed. They're not too high though....

      Delete
  4. What a great selection from F+F! Love the Michael Kors ones, ahem. I bought some amazingly comfortable ones from River Island last year (with NO bling -almost unimaginable for them) but they need replacing, pronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone the other day actually thought my tan ones were from Michael Kors! They are seriously comfy and fabulous quality - regardless of them being just £15!

      Delete
  5. I am blown away by some of the ridiculous bargains to be had at Tesco. I purchased the blue biker jacket (Susie So So blog) and am totally thrilled with it. I have to admit that I needed some flip flops, for my Darling Daughter, and, Whoops, I just managed to click on a couple of the ladies sandals shown here (thank you Kat) I will wait and see what they are like. I use the click and collect, absolutely fabulous. H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her navy jacket is amazing isn't it? Great great value. Really hope you love them - I defy anyone to love the tan ones I got - they are ridiculously comfy too. x

      Delete