Heading apocalyptic

So continuing from where I left off the other day with inspiration from the divine Lucy Liu as Dr Watson in the new series of Elementary, I was giddy with excitement at the launch of The Grey Concept from H&M.


As I know I've mentioned before, I have a random soft spot for the studded, grungey, dark, boho look - as I heard someone sum it up the other day - bordering on apocalyptic.  I could happily wear most of All Saints, besides the fact that a) it's hideously expensive and b) often it's not the best quality (although they are excellent at refunding if a garment isn't up to par.)  Plus wearing it on a day to day basis - even I would probably become slightly depressed by the whole darkness of it.  Going back to the uniform aspect which I discussed the other day, lifestyle wise, I know it's not what I'd feel comfortable in day in day out.

However that doesn't stop me swooning over every All Saints collection and adding a piece here and there, getting my grunge fix where I can.  

But hold the front page.  H&M (who are having a storming season in my opinion - Zara eat your heart out) have bought out a new range called The Grey Concept which combines perfectly a monochrome theme with drape, texture and layering.  Dr Watson would love it.  I am beyond sold and am heading to H&M on Thursday where, fingers crossed, they have it in stock. I shall be reporting back.  As obviously it's all sold out online.

Here's the link but there's nada left.  Note to self.  You snooze you lose (I SO KNOW THIS. Grrrrrrr)  

So perhaps not so heading apocalyptic anytime soon.  Foiled.

In the meantime, I shall leave these photos for you to swoon (or barf) over.   Not a look I would be recreating head to toe but there are elements of pretty much every outfit which I would love to add to my wardrobe.  






Do you have an inner grunge goddess waiting to get out?  Or is this just not your thing in the slightest?

In the meantime - you're not going to believe it after my pontification last week of me not doing dresses - I had the legs on show.  For a fantastic (and hideously late) dinner party at one of my bessies' house, I dragged out a very old faithful dress which I have taken to wearing as day wear over skinnies. 



Geometric print dress - DVF
Black 120 denier opaques - Topshop
Silver cuff - Banana Republic
Black suede and patent boots - LK Bennett

Sunday was too wet and too miserable to attempt to leave the house (and I may have been worse for wear - in my defence it was nearing the end of half term and I had made it through so had a tiny tipple or ten to celebrate).  A pyjama day for us all.  I have honestly not seen it that wet in a lot time.  It gave us an opportunity to master pizza making (not of the gluten free variety - that is still a mountain we have to climb).  Cooking one - fashion nil.. 

Monday - last day of half term here.  An homage to beige. 


Olive & stone striped jersey tunic - Toast
Beige Kirsten skinnies - Topshop
Tweed jacket edged in leather - Jesire
Khaki skinny rib knit scarf - Joseph
Tan leather cuff - Mulberry
Black sunglasses - Dior
Chestnut cross body bag - Campomaggi from Plumo
Tan Cypress boots - Acne

Today I've trawled the depths of the wardrobe and come up with a gem I haven't unearthed in years.  A buttermilk leather trench.  Ok so truth be told, I had been going through the ebay bags in the attic which have been there for an embarrassingly untold number of years (I have yet to ebay anything but have stashed a small mountain of stuff which is on the "to do" list.  I need to google ebay tutorial..... how hard can it be??  The Queen of Procrastination strikes again) 

But on the upside, I had forgotten how much I loved this coat when I bough it - ahem - about 14 years ago.  And it was vintage when I bought it!  Has to be from the late 60's/70's judging by the label and style. I have fallen in love all over again. 



Navy and white breton top - H&M
Dark indigo Baxters - Topshop
Buttermilk leather trench - Vintage from Greenwich Market
Leopard print scarf - Louis Vuitton
Bea wedge trainers - Ash
Chestnut cross body bag - Campomaggi from Plumo

Clearly not channelling my new found love of all things grunge but I'm working on it....






Share this:

CONVERSATION

30 comentarios:

  1. Love that coat!! eBay is simps although could u not do a blog sale? No fees and set prices!!! Sharron xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh never thought of that....... Have you ever done it love?

      Delete
  2. Love the dinner party outfit.
    Trench great too,wonderful to give new life to forgotten favourites!
    H and M stuff looks ok but am always disappointed in their shops.
    And Ebay is simple,even I can do it!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have to agree with you that instore H&M can be so so hit and miss. Well nothing to report from out local store - may head into London next week to see if I can track it down. And yes, I wll get the hang of ebay soon!!! Thank you xxxx

      Delete
  3. I'd forgotten about that beautiful DVF dress I love it! eBay really is so, so easy. Once I can actually leave town for more than an hour and we can get together I'll train you up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fab dress, isn't it. Actually if I could get more in the same shape I'd definitely invest. That shape would suit you as well. And yes, I will take you up on that offer darling, thank you xxxx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AllSaints is one of my favorite brands - our flat in London is across the street from the flagship store and one of the best pubs in London:) - We don't have a stand alone store here but there is a concession in Bloomingdales - I can and do sometimes spend an arm and a leg there - but their twice yearly sales are fab and most of my knitwear is from there - I love their dresses too. I definitely verge these days on a more urban, 80s punk look - the hair helps me channel it:) H&M are fabulous this season and they just doubled the size of the Atlanta store - they are doing a lot of square cut jumpers similar to AllSaints but I haven't seen this collection here yet - there is a LOT of sparkle and color here - maybe they change their game for different markets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they must do - they definitely have different things in regional stores here. Very little sparkle here, lots of (ropey!) knitwear. And yes, like you I could dress head to foot in All Saints. YUM! You can get it online can't you though? xxxx

      Delete
  6. I saw the H & M collection online a couple of days ago and was going to email you to let you know because I thought it looked so similar to your last Lucy Liu post! I love the black coat from the collection, the grey and black scarf and some of the knitwear. In my experience, the stuff from collections like this always sells out online but is readily found in store- fingers crossed the same is true tis time! I was going to head to Bluewater tonight to have a look but time flew by too quick so will have to wait to Thursdayor Friday, very excited though, lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds!!! Well were you disappointed as well by the lack of it in Bluewater? Sob sob sob. Actually a couple of bits did come back online but I had to do the school run (bloody kids!) and of course they were sold out by the time I got back! May be heading into town this week so will let you know what I find. xx

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, so bloody disappointed that I hauled my backside to Westfield Stratford on a Saturday to see if they had any! They did, I bought a grey cardigan and some jeans, and plan to order the black coat online as I have a 25% off code for one item. Was really impressed with the collection! Xx

      Delete
  7. I'm not a fan of grunge ... yet there is lots in that H&M collection to covet. But will it hit the Dublin stores, that's the question?!! Will definitely be having a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it only went into a few stores - she said to me London but whether or not it was other major cities? Good luck!

      Delete
  8. Well... If you buy from this collection and the apocalypse comes, you will be dressed for it. ;-)

    Also will come in handy if you get turned into a Zombie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a Brownie - I'm always prepared!!

      Delete
  9. I actually managed to get some bits of this collection on line the other day and have the black coat and long grey cardi winging their way to me - not overly keen on grungy per se but just love the layering look. Agree that H & M have really upped their game this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh do let us know what they're like quality wise, won't you? Lucky you!!

      Delete
  10. I used to live in all saints clothing and would travel to London a few times a month to stock up. I love the grunge look but began to feel dark and goth and people told me I looked dull! So I gave it all to charity and rebuilt my wardrobe with a bit more colour. I miss all saints so much!! The styles are unique and their knitwear and skinny jeans are the best. I need to revisit my old love! I have a bit of a dark side with fashion but I love a splash of colour to. Your monochrome dress is amazing and so is your figure, that style realy suits you. You have great style. Also love the new collection for h&m I hope we have it at my branch x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I agree with you about colour definitely. Mine changed when I had my first baby and it seemed wrong wearing all black with a tiny newborn! But I definitely prefer more monochrome colours - I do try and infect a snif of colour but I normally still wear a rather dull palette. Hope you manage to track some of the new collection down x

      Delete
  11. lol at ebay stash in the attic - same here!! am promising self a new handbag with the proceeds (if i ever get round to it)... just do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will if you will! The Husband jokes we could have bought the new car with my ebay stash....

      Delete
  12. Hi, I would like to know where you got your lovely clock from which is showing in your photos? Love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clock is from John Lewis and it's actually about 10 years old! I'm sure they still do similar ones though. Hope you manage to track one down (if not, google Newgate clocks as they're stunning - this one isn't from Newgate but is similar) Hope that helps xx

      Delete
  13. I'm not really a fan - all too grey and, well I'd look like a grey Yoda in some of those outfits lol.

    I've recently taken the plunge in selling on eBay and it's been quite straightforward. Do you have an eBay app on your phone? It takes you though everything and prompts you when you need to take a photo. Once it's sold you can even print off postage. Very easy honestly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound ridiculously easy - I'll have to check that out, thank you!

      And with a palette of grey, I find the easiest way to bring it bang up to date is by bunging tan with it. Looks stunning (and even better if you chuck something navy on as well!)

      Delete
  14. Think in your layered tie-dyed outfit from your last post you would slot nicely into the group H&M photo!! You do the layering look so well. Do love the look of the H&M Grey Concept, it does look very All Saints which I also love but like yourself I just can't justify their prices for everyday stuff!! I would totally recommend giving eBay a go, I've funded alot of my autumn/winter wardrobe by turning over things I've fallen out of love with.....don't part with the vintage coat though, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I should SO just bite the bullet and give ebay a go. But you're right, I am so keeping the coat!! xx

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE grey. I think the key to making grey look great is to mix textures: I particularly love to wear a grey silk dress or top with a chunky pale grey cardigan. I also have a bit of a thing for grey cable knit!

    ReplyDelete