On a sales roll. It's a miracle.

As I may have mentioned, the majority of the time, the sales for me are a quagmire of shoite.  Or I think I've grabbed a bargain and then come the new season realise that I have merely bought something because it was a cheap. It's not a bargain if I never wear it.  It's charity shop fodder. 


However a true sign of something being a success is when you wear it immediately and want to wear again the next day.  I'm saying this from a theoretical point of view as I'm not entirely sure it's ever happened to me before (I lie, I recall a pair of jeans from Zara that I got 3 years ago that were £6 in the sale and they're still one of my favourite pairs. In fact I've spent more than 5 times that having them repaired!  Suffice to say, if I can recall this, it doesn't happen very often.)


And and and, these bargains were discovered drunk shopping.  Which, (again as I may have mentioned) is normally either dangerous (ie one spends far too much as it seems like a really good idea at the time. A Mulberry bag should never be an impulse purchase.  Ahem) or an unmitigated disaster (too many to think about) 


But the following babies were found in Zara on Friday.


Navy, khaki and cream tweed boxy jacket for £29.99 



And fantastic jeans which I completely love - distressed with paint splats on (which no doubt will come off in the wash)  Probably verging on mutton but I don't care, I adore them!  Plus, they're a size 8.  Which I am not. I know I shouldn't but there is a cheeky frisson of yay at shoehorning myself into a size 8.  Admittedly it's only a matter of time before Mr Goodyear calls, wanting his tyre back.  But with a long top and for £15.99, I'll get away with it for as long as I can. 




And the pair in situ yesterday 




Nude vest - Primark
White linen tee - Zara
Distressed paint splat skinnies - Zara
Navy, khaki & tweed boxy jacket - Zara
Tan Organza wedge sandals - Clarks
Tan shopper - Zara
Resin horn necklace - Mango
Tan leather cuff - Mulberry
Gold Renegade bracelet - Stella & Dot
Gold filigree bracelet - Lady Butterworth
Sunglasses - H&M


Today, I have to say is my last day of decadence.  Treat of a lifetime - not one to get to dressed up for but I will let you know tomorrow how I got on.  Beyond excited (and hoping outfit is appropriate - as a clue, I will be walking a long way and may get wet later......)

Share this:

CONVERSATION

11 comentarios:

  1. Loving your sales bargains. So wish I could find some but with kids in tow it is too painful to look. Have a fab day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and the above outfit. I agree that eagerly cutting off tags and wearing something right away is a sure sign of a successful buy! And conversely, an item lingering in your wardrobe, with tags still on months later, is screaming 'get rid'. Ebay here I come...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going t0 the olympics??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look absolutely fabulous on you. Jeans-tee-jacket combo is my daily uniform. Ack, I've bought so many items because the discount was just so steep that I had to bring them home. Yeah, the charity shop round the corner loves me. Lots of NWT and barely worn clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jacket Kat. I almost bought those jeans to but wasn't sure about the paint splats - they look good on though!

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried on that jacket at full price, went back the following week and it disappeared and I never saw it again in the shop or on the website. Can I call you some horrid names now for getting my jacket??? and at a bargain price. It was the only jacket that fitted me in Zara this season and it served me right for not buying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Zara jackets - definitely worth tackling the dregs of the sales for! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HAVE BEEN SEEING OTHER DOING THIS TWEET CHANEL-ISH JACKET FOR MONTHS BUT CANT SEE MYSELF IN IT. I NEED TO GET ONE TO SEE IF I CAN ACTUALLY PULL IT OFF. PAIRING IT WITH CUFFED JEANS LIKE YOU DO SORT OF BALANCED THE COCO LOOK WHICH I CANNOT DO. THANKS FOR INSPIRING.. I'LL HEAD TO ZARA SOON :)

    KISSES FROM:
    A SMALL BLOG WITH A BIG HEART :)
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY where fashion and food collide!
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the jacket & I hope the jeans cling to their paint effect. I wish I had the sales gene, I seem to be missing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell me im not insane....went into the louise kennedy shop in kildare outlet village and biught a winter white bouchle(is the how u spell the word?) chanel type jacket with sequins....ADORE it......kat....how will i wear it??! Helen cork

    ReplyDelete