Some would say marmite....

.....and some would say just plain nasty!  My new necklace that is.  A purchase, a purchase, one that I love.  It may have made me a teeny tiny bit late to pick up Rugrat 3 from nursery and then very late to pick up the other two from school but well, I managed to persuade them to actually take it out of the window.  Yes.  Honestly.  All faint.  What is it with the holy mantle of window dressing - especially accessories?  The world is not going to stop turning if you exchange one necklace/handbag/scarf for another on a mannequin.   Ok so it takes a special kind of special person to actually enter the window/step onto podium in shop and change the clothes (allegedly.  Really though?  Health & safety perchance?  Yawnarama) but just to whip of a necklace or exchange one bag for another? hmmmmm.


But I succeeded.  Now clearly, 95% of people are going to think I've lost leave of my senses and it's the most hideous necklace anyway.  Maybe they did feel sorry for me and thought, bugger that, we won't sell it to anyone else - hell yes, she can buy it. 

And here is the little beauty. 


And - as even I'll admit it looks somewhat random just there on it's own, missing a woolly mammoth - here is a promo shot from the Mango website.  Looking slightly less like an artefact from the Natural History Museum slash part of a Wilma Flintstone fancy dress outfit (oh have no fear, I've already got my comebacks stored for the sarky comments I've anticipated from The Husband and his Merry Men)


As I mentioned a while back, I am a huge advocate of statement necklaces in the summer to take the place of my beloved scarves when it does get too warm. 

But as it's hardly tropical yet (I'm not "actually" complaining as my Spring wardrobe wipes the floor with my high summer one.  I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.....) I did also manage to sneak in a little summer scarf number as well.  Apricot Tassel Scarf from Mint Velvet.


If anyone is in the market for some lighter weight scarves for the Spring then Mint Velvet has some lovely ones.   A really good selection here.  Particularly love the nude and the cream beaded pashminas (below) which would be great for adding texture and warmth to some of the print items of clothing that are about (I might be getting a little addicted to print jeans.... unfortunately my Topshop ones, the button popped off.  They did assure me that it wasn't one too many pies on my account, but a problem they do have with Leigh jeans.   Instead of reordering them, I have my eye on another pair which are ever so slightly more expensive.  Watch this space)





This slate and ivory tassel scarf, I think is a lovely boho addition to a plain outfit.  And would also work well in the A/W as well.  



I can say all of that on good authority, as I managed to go shopping on Monday.  On my own.  With no Rugrats in tow.  Hallefreakinglujiah. I absolutely adore my children but it was utterly heavenly.  And boy, was I a better parent on Monday morning looking forward to it, on Monday afternoon when picking them all up (if slightly/very late) and today as well.  Pure, unadulterated bliss. 

Especially after the weekend we had.  I may have been approaching somewhere near the end of my tether last week (as I'm sure most of us who had had kids on Easter break were) but had limped through to Friday night, on the promise of being able to at least wee in peace over the weekend whilst The Husband helped out. 

Unfortunately (and not to go into too much detail), The Husband's guts had other plans and he was laid up, literally in bed, all weekend.  All Weekend.  

Which made for an interesting (and very, very Very long) Saturday and Sunday with my children.  I cannot lie, I did not shower myself with mothering glory.  There was a lot of cinema, sweets, shouting, shouting and more shouting BUT we got through and, on the upside, they were actually looking forward to going to school/nursery on Monday morning (oh the shame). 

However after a fabulous Monday and the promise of more tomorrow (I'm having withdrawal symptoms and have research to do.... that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it) I am going to nominate myself for the Mother of the Week award (four bedtime stories tonight - check me out).

So a quick round up of what I've been wearing and then I'm off to prepare dinner for The Husband (who is out for a "quick drink" which means I'm preparing food to be frozen but at least it's there for another night - ooh make that Wife of the Week award as well)

Saturday 


Nude vest (not seen) - Primark
Burnt orange fine knit jumper - Cos
Stone skinny trousers - Dorothy Perkins
Navy military knitted jacket - Zara
Green and orange scarf - Aubin & Wills 
Gold bee and stone earrings - Etsy
Tan Cypress ankle boots - Acne
Tan shopper - Zara


Sunday 



White ribbed t-shirt - Joseph
Natural rectangle linen jumper - The White Company
Distressed biker jeans - By Malene Birger
Fabulous Finches scarf - Mulberry
Tan Cypress ankle boots - Acne
Fuchsia Roxanne Tote - Mulberry


Monday



Black longline longsleeved tee - Isabella Oliver
Khaki zip skinny jeans - By Malene Birger
Vintage style tweed blazer - Zara
Black and tan scarf - Dorothy Perkins
Black suede stud ankle boots - Pied a Terre
Brown leather cuff with chain detail - Hultquist
Cheetah print ponyskin bag - Zara
Sunglasses - Tom Ford


Tuesday



White ribbed vest - Joseph
Grey Elgar cowl dress - All Saints
Stone skinny trousers - Dorothy Perkns
Blush, rose and tan leopard print scarf - Hong Kong
Gunmetal hitops - Ash
Chestnut battered cross body bag - Campomaggi from Plumo

Will hopefully have some exciting things to report from another whizz round the shops tomorrow.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment